Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

«*» RUKHSANA«*» <>_<>DOGS <>_<>

 
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10900000/Animated-Aum-hinduism-10922697-164-172.gif
 
<>_<>DOGS <>_<>
 


"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;
my other ears that hear above the winds.
He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.
He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being;
by the way he rests against my leg;
by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;
by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.
(I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)
When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.
When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.
When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.
When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags.
Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful.
He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion.
With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.
He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.
His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.
His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.
He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him.
And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." -
Gene Hill
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown

"Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well." - Bonnie Wilcox 'Old Dogs, Old Friends'

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." - Gene Hill

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog." - Unknown

"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill - The Dog Man

JUST A DOG

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."
~author unknown



"Growing Old With My Dogs"

When I am old...
I will wear soft gray sweatshirts...
And a bandana over my silver hair.....
And I will spend my social security checks on coffee and my dogs.
I will sit in my house on my well-worn chair and
listen to my dogs breathing.
I will sneak out in the middle of a warm summer night and
take my dogs for a run,
If my old bones will allow...
When people come to call,
I will smile and nod as I show them my dogs...
And talk of them and about them...
....the ones so beloved of the past and the ones so beloved of today....
I will still work hard cleaning after them,
Mopping and feeding them and whispering their names
in a soft loving way.
I will wear the gleaming sweat on my throat,
Like a jewel and I will be an embarrassment to all...
Especially my family...
Who have not yet found the peace in being free
to have dogs as your best friends....
These friends who always wait, at any hour, for your footfall...
And eagerly jump to their feet out of a sound sleep,
to greet you as if you are a god.
With warm eyes full of adoring love and
hope that you will always stay,
I'll hug their big strong necks...
I'll kiss their dear sweet heads...
And whisper in their very special company....
I look in the Mirror...
And see I am getting old....
This is the kind of person I am...
And have always been.
Loving dogs is easy,
They are part of me.
Please accept me for who I am.
My dogs appreciate my presence in their lives...
They love my presence in their lives......
When I am old this will be important to me...
You will understand when you are old....
If you have dogs to love too.

Author Unknown





1. If I like it, it's mine.

2. If its in my mouth, it's mine.

3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.

4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.

5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.

6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.

7. If it looks like mine, it's mine.

8. If I saw it first, it's mine.

9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.

10. If its broken, it's yours.

==========================================================================================================================

A puppy's eyes do not open until it is 10 to 15 days old. Its vision is usually not complete until it is about four weeks old.

At birth puppies are deaf, blind, and have almost no sense of smell. They stay near their mother and siblings because of the warmth.

Puppy love is the beginning of a lifetime affair for most dog owners.

Puppies should remain with their mother until they are at least eight weeks old. During this time, she will teach them not to bite, and how to get along with other dogs.

Dogs are submissive to those they feel have higher pack status.

Train your dog from day one, so she will think of you as the leader of the pack.

Dogs instinctively want to earn the pack leader's approval.

The most confident puppy in a litter often makes the worst pet because he sees himself as the pack leader.

A dog can suffer from a poor self-image, just like humans. Bolster self-esteem with praise, affection and rewards.

To a young puppy, exercise and play are the day's most important events.

As a dog gets older, he lives for dinner time.

Even after your dog is old enough to be fed only once a day, he should be given a morning snack just to calm his rumbling tummy.

Family dogs who growl when family members are roughhousing aren't upset, they're just asking to become part of the game.

Give your new puppy its own sleeping den, even a simple cardboard box will do; this will make him/her feel more secure.

Ignore your new puppy's whining when you first isolate it for sleeping. If you don't you will only encourage it to whine more.

There's no such thing as a dumb dog; after all, while we're out working all day, they're home sleeping.

Sign up for obedience school. The most important thing you can teach your dog is to sit and stay on command.

Any time you are having behavioral problems with your dog, begin your training by re-teaching him to sit and stay.

A dog needs to work off excess energy every day.

Mixed-breed dogs usually have behavioral traits similar to the breed they most resemble in appearance.

When a small dog is aggressive toward people, don't pick him up. This only reinforces the behavior since he will see it as a reward.
Teach your dog to play catch.


Anyone can buy a dog, but it takes a kind owner to set its tail wagging.


 
In Memory of King

OLD DOG IN A LOCKET

Old dog in a locket That lies next to my heart
I will always love you As I did right from the start

You were right beside me Through the darkest of my days
It was your kind and gentle nature That made me want to stay

Now I hold you in my arms Your breath still warm against my hand
Our hearts still beat together And I wonder if you understand

Through the hours that I held you Before the light did leave your soul
I knew a way to keep you Forever in my hold

I snipped the hair from around your eyes So I would always see
The beauty that surrounds me Even in times of need

I snipped the hair from around your ears So I would always hear
Music in the distance To quiet any fears

I snipped the hair from across your back
To bring me strength in time of need
And the power of your essence Would always be with me

I snipped the hair from around your heart That beat in time with mine
So I would know that love would find me At some distant time

And so, your life slipped out of mine On a quiet spring like day

But I knew that a part of you That lays next to my heart
 I will always love you Even though we had to part
Old dog in a locket

--- Author unknown ---



Dogs Live Here
If you don't want to be greeted with paws and swinging tails
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.
If you don't like the feel of a cold nose or wet tongue,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.
If you don't want to step over scattered toys,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.
If you think a home ought to smell of perfume,
Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.
But if you don't mind all of this,
You will be instantly loved when you do come inside,
Because DOGS LIVE HERE.

 
yoga-vipan
Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment