Search This Blog

Monday 19 December 2011

[Yaadein_Meri] Re: missing watch

 

This story reminded me of when our neighbor Charlie had lost his key in a field near our pond. He asked his three daughters and I to look for them. With complete confidence I felt I would find them. It could be anywhere but I paced back and forth and there it was his keys! He did not display thankfulness in the way I felt he should but I felt happier that I was the one that found them! Having complete confidence. I often think back to that time because its as if I can apply that in everything I do but its really when Allah (swt) makes it happen.

--- In Yaadein_Meri@yahoogroups.com, Capt Amit <milan_das1958@...> wrote:
>
> There once was a farmer who discovered that he had lost his watch in the
> barn. It was no ordinary watch because it had sentimental value for him.
> After searching high and low among the hay for a long while; he gave up and
> enlisted the help of a group of children playing outside the barn.
>
> He promised them that the person who found it would be rewarded.
>
> Hearing this, the children hurried inside the barn, went through and around
> the entire stack of hay but still could not find the watch. Just when the
> farmer was about to give up looking for his watch, a little boy went up to
> him and asked to be given another chance.
>
> The farmer looked at him and thought, "Why not? After all, this kid looks
> sincere enough."
>
> So the farmer sent the little boy back in the barn. After a while the little
> boy came out with the watch in his hand! The farmer was both happy and
> surprised and so he asked the boy how he succeeded where the rest had
> failed.
>
> The boy replied, "I did nothing but sit on the ground and listen. In the
> silence, I heard the ticking of the watch and just looked for it in that
> direction."
>
> Moral: A peaceful mind can think better than a worked up mind.
> Allow a few minutes of silence to your mind every day, and see, how sharply
> it helps you to set your life the way you expect it to be...!
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
>
> "Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want."
>
>
> All the mails posted by me r not my property, all r taken from net, if something is copyrighted please inform me, so that i may not post the material in the future. 
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment